Thursday, October 22, 2009

Things are better than ever at the Hare Krishna farm. I´ve been here for two weeks now, and amd staying for one more, and it feels perfect. I´m feeling very comfortable with the routine and the people there. Two more volunteers have come, but one is leaving tomorrow, as is Ben, who has been here as long as I have. The only other volunteer is an older Argentine man, so I will be the only foreigner, which is perfectly fine by me. I´ve become more comfortable speaking and understanding Spanish by the day, and have begun spending more time with one of the ´madres,´or nuns, here. Gora will be 23 tomorrow, teaches us Ashtanga yoga, and has the kind of sense of humor that makes joking around in Spanish almost easier than it is in English. My days have settled into a nice routine: work in the garden in the morning, ´studying´ transcendentalist philosophy (Thoreau and the Dhammapada, a book of Buddhist verses), yoga and meditation in the afternoon. Oh, and eating a lot, in between.

I have much more to say, but unfortunately, it´s time to go back to the farm. I tried to upload more photos, and for some reason, it´s not working on this computer. I expect I´ll be back in town early next week, so hopefully, more then!

No comments:

Post a Comment